SciFi Officer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome all

Go down

Welcome all Empty Welcome all

Post  Prez Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Greetings all,

A congratulations to all new and returning officers. We've had a decent previous semester and I'm looking forward to improving on it in this one.

The immediate event coming up is the picnic - I'm sending out an email on Monday announcing place and time (Rolland Moore Park, noonish on this Sunday, May 1st). I'll need volunteers to assist with setup, take-down, and perhaps to get notions of what kind of food most interest club. Evan had the good notion of doing sandwiches this year, so it should be fairly uncomplicated. Promotion is also very important - the club newsletter is not nearly as effective as word of mouth.

Looking ahead from that, I'd like to work on revising the constitution to make the wording regarding voting more consistent, per the concerns Nick W. brought to my attention. I know finals are coming up, and there's no rush on that item, so we can put the focus on that for a later date.

As officers, please be polite and courteous to all potential candidates and club members, as well as fellow officers. This is a simple social club, and we're all here to game and enjoy ourselves. That's the ultimate goal. All power wielded by officers is pretty minimal, and in all honesty most game masters hold more power over what actually happens and when. I'd like to work together with all of you to maintain an enjoyable club, and feel free to pass along any concerns that would facilitate this.

For a while, we've had an open forum, in case a more public back-and-forth is what you'd prefer. I post replies there as well. No signing in or registration is necessary (but please use a tag so we know who is who). You can see that forum here.

Kind regards,
Johnathan Kastner
Supreme Overlord

Prez

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Empty Officer meeting times

Post  Prez Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Also, what times work for meetings? Saturdays before games?

Prez

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Empty Re: Welcome all

Post  Nick W. Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Well That all sounds good unfortunately due to the timing of things I can't make the picnic. Sorry guys. In other news we need to start sending out emails about things over the summer if at all possible so we could try to use that for an early vote for the constitution before classes get into full swing. My next semester looks to be a lighter load but I know of others who are planning on heavy loads so run these things before hand would let them figure out what they want and don't want so they can vote or send in absentee votes. Primary concerns are the wording of active member and executive board members.
Congrats to all the officers
P.S. Best time for me is prior to games otherwise during Dinner if we can all end the morning games on time....in other words lets try for prior to games

Nick W.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darren W Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Back when I was an officer under nick rigs we had officer meetings every other week before games and that seemed to work.

Darren W

Back to top Go down

Post  Prez Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Just had a thought on the picnic (I'll reply to the rest later) - perhaps do one of those Facebook event things, have folks RSVP? That way we can get an accurate count and know how much food to bring (and how much interest there is).
~John

Prez

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnK Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Nick W - No worries on the picnic. A few other folks have volunteered and sandwiches are not rocket science. Just pass along the existence of said picnic to folks who might be interested and all should be fine.
Summer attendance is pretty tiny at club, historically, so it's unlikely a vote then would get much of a turnout. Additionally, the next election isn't until April 23rd (annual elections), so a summer rush wouldn't be helpful to that.
We can discuss the constitution and changes at the first meeting. 11am this Saturday sound good?

Darren W - We can try that, sure. An hour for the first one should work, and depending on how much work we have to do we can adjust the length of the other meetings as needed.

If there are any other concerns, feel free to bring them up and we'll work on them. I'm not focused on status-quo or radical change, and am open to ideas.

Darren, at some point I'll need to get you and Amanda to First Bank and on the account. I'm usually off work/school after 5pm.

JohnK

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Empty On the off chance that someone is checking here instead of their emails...

Post  JohnK Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:34 pm

It has been wisely pointed out to me that, should we wait until Saturday to decide, our food options at the picnic will be limited. So, I've two options on the table, and I'd like reasoned opinions for both, or conscious abstentions from the vote.

Amanda and Bri have both done some excellent research on food options. Here's what they came up with.

(All options presume a guest size of between 10-15. This is a safe bet given who we have spoken to that is planning on attending)

The first option is McAllister's.
Cost: Approximately $100
Good: High quality food, more of an 'event' feeling.
Bad: Higher cost, not as much customization.

The second option is King Soopers.
Cost: Approximately $60
Good: Cheaper. More modular - can make a sandwich however desired. Handles food allergies better, presumably.
Bad: Lack of quality may make it less of an event.

Again, it's only a little more for McAllister's, and it may be nice to have fancy food. Please let me know what you think ASAP as we'll likely be deciding before Friday noon.

Kind regards,
Johnathan Kastner
Supreme Overlord

JohnK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum