SciFi Officer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game support

Go down

Game support Empty Game support

Post  ThePrez Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 am

Greetings all,

Brandon has decided to cancel all his games for personal reasons, leaving us with a number of stranded players. He has offered his notes and a small reward to anyone willing to pick up the games, and I believe Amanda is taking one half of his X-COM game, but this still leaves us with a number of stranded players.
Ultimately, someone in that group must volunteer to run a game, and there's little we can do to force the issue or assist them. However, Brandon has passed on a number of decent ideas that have been circulating on how to incentivize GMs.

1. Free dues (regardless of games run or participated in) for any GM. This wouldn't really cost us that much a semester.
and/or
2. Purchase a core book for use by each GM. I believe it may have been intended that the core book would be given to each GM, but a more feasible interpretation is that the core book becomes a part of the club library (presuming we do not already have a core book.

I'd like thoughts on the situation, and the proposed options. It could also be argued that GMing is something we don't need to promote, necessarily, and that people should enjoy their hobby without being bribed. But it is certainly more work than simply being a player, and a token of appreciation would likely be welcome.

I'm also posting this on that message board we used before - link below.

If you don't intend to follow the message board but are interested in seeing the discussion, let me know and I'll forward it to you as it occurs.

Please let me know thoughts.

Kind regards,
Johnathan Kastner
Supreme Overlord

ThePrez

Back to top Go down

Game support Empty Re: Game support

Post  Shenanda Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I think i could handle the entire game for at least a little, i'm just going to start killing characters of people who play magic or other such shenanigans while i'm trying to run... at least until someone else decided to take the spreadsheets and run a Beta Squad. Razz

as for incentives, i think we have most of the core books for games we run in the library already... i'd be ok with buying ones we don't have though (for club), or the free dues for running a game the previous semester. both of these sound like a decent idea and i think you're right that it wouldn't cost us much. we can try it out and see how it goes.

Shenanda

Back to top Go down

Post  TehPrez Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Just to be clear, Amanda, you're going to take the XCOM game for a bit (until it finally buds and becomes two games), right? What about the Innocents game? That one goes as it may?
Wanted to make sure before I send the update out.

TehPrez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum